Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Essex : Wow, their brunch went downhill!

I have attended Essex Restaurant once before for brunch, and was happy with my experience. Also, for some reason, "word on the street" is that this place is amazing for brunch. A bunch of friends and I decided to have a girl's brunch to catch up and figured Essex would be a great choice because of their great selection of food and 3 brunch drinks with every order.

I must say, this will be the last time I ever go to Essex for brunch. I ordered the Lobster benedict and was not all that impressed. It came to the table with barely any lobster on it. I am used to ordering lobster benedict with a lot of lobster! There were small shredded pieces loosely sprinkled onto the english muffin and covered in the egg to camouflage the missing lobster. I expected to received many more chunks of lobster.

Lobster Benedict 

Overall, the flavor of the dish was good. The potatoes were also very succulent. But, I  still just can't get over the lack of lobster that I paid $2 extra for. 

To make my experience even worse, the waitress only gave each of us two out of three rounds of drinks and tried to rush us out of our table. Since brunch included 3 drinks per person, I inquired on my third round, and was told that she needed us to pay our bill, and that she would give us drink tickets to get our round at the bar. This was absolutely ridiculous, because when we got to the bar, it was so over crowded, without a seat in sight, or even a spot to get in and order a drink! The waitress could have easily brought us our round while we were sorting our bill, but decided to be unaccommodating. My friends and I just decided to give up our last round and leave this joint because the scene at the bar just seems too stressful. 

So long Essex, you were good while you lasted! I will not be attending Essex for brunch ever again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment