Monday, July 27, 2015

Petaluma: UES Italian Restaurant with an Updated Image!

After walking by Petaluma (1356 1st Ave., New York, NY) for years on the Upper East Side, I finally decided to try it after it underwent a year of renovations. Something about the new menu and the promotions on the board outside drew me in and made me want to finally try this neighborhood spot. It was definitely catering to a younger clientele than it had previously. 
The $35 All You Can Drink brunch deal was too good to pass up. As soon as my friend and I sat down, we were greeted by a very friendly waitress. She advised us that the unlimited brunch not only included unlimited mimosa, bellinis, and bloody marys for two hours, but that they also had a limited supply of unlimited sangria as well. This was music to our ears! We both decided to start with the sangria to take advantage of it while it was in supply. 
The sangria was very refreshing and STRONG! After just one glass I felt it. This certainly didn't keep me from ordering another round or two of this delicious drink! 

Breakfast Pizza - Bacon, sausage, cheddar, farm egg cream
For brunch, my friend and I shared two entrees. There were so many amazing options on the menu that we couldn't just commit to one. The Breakfast Pizza was a real winner! The crust was crunchy and baked to perfection in the restaurant's pizza oven. The pie was covered in delicious mozzarella cheese with bacon, sausage, farm egg cream, and a touch of cheddar. Every bite was worth it. Nothing was left at the end! This pizza gave me a hint into how good dinner-time pizzas would be when I return!

Cast Iron Eggs Benedict - gnocchi alla Romana, baked hollandaise, packed eggs with bacon added 
The Cast Iron Eggs Benedict was a really unique approach on eggs Benedict. I wasn't sure what to expect, but knew that it came highly recommended from the waitress. I love when a waitress or waiter actually has an opinion on the menu and has tasted the food! The poached eggs sat atop a unique patty, which was called gnocchi alla Romana. It was similar to a polenta cake and was a great combination with the poached eggs. The hollandaise sauce was baked right into the egg, which made the egg extremely flavorful and moist, but not as messy as a normal eggs benedict. We opted to add bacon to this dish, and it was a great choice because it added that savory meaty flavor that every egg dish needs! MMMM!!!
Since I dined here for brunch, I haven't stopped raving to everyone about it. I have wanted to return for brunch for some time, but have been way to busy :( I did go for happy hour one night, and it was chill and relaxing at the bar, with great cocktails and small bites! Definitely not a place to be missed!

No comments:

Post a Comment