Thursday, December 22, 2011

Three Hens - New American Restaurant Opens Up in Curry Hill

After walking past Three Hen's store front for months watching the progress of the restaurant being set up and furnished for business, I was finally excited to check it out!

This new american restaurant was written up as being very "Brooklyn" inspired. Located in the heart of Curry Hill, I had to see this for myself. I went on a freezing Thursday night, so this place wasn't too crowded. The ambiance was very cool and different. It was decorated in a rustic outdoor theme. The walls were decorated with leaf wall paper, while random trees were located around the restaurant. Also, candles were lit on every table and there was a lot of natural wood. 


The waitress was really attentive and recommended specials to try and items on the menu that she thought were great. I ordered the special drink of the night, which had apple cider in it and was absolutely luscious. 

My dining partner ordered a drink that he didn't absolutely love, but I thought I would include a picture of it, because it was served in a mason jar! I love when places serve drinks in mason jars. I don't recall which drink he ordered. 

For dinner, I debated back and forth between getting a lamb burger or ordering an actual lamb dish. I went with my guy feeling, and ordered the actual lamb dish since I can order a burger any day. My dish,the "Colorado Lamb", was served sliced, and accompanied by fried eggplant, sauteed spinach, and red pepper coulis. The lamb was cooked to perfection and had extreme flavor. It was super moist and tender. The fried eggplant was simply divine. I have never had fried eggplant before, and loved it! The red pepper sauce provided a very palatable dipping sauce for the whole entree. Also, the spinach was garlicy :) 

Colorado Lamb

My dining partner had a very traditional American dish, the "Free-Range Chicken Pot Pie." I had one bite of his pie, and it was definitely super cheesy and flavorsome. There was also a good amount of vegetables in the pie. 

 Free Range Chicken Pot Pie

Instead of dessert, I decided to order a second drink. I ordered the drink on the menu that I was debating about getting from the beginning of dinner The waitress assured me it was her favorite drink on the menu. I have to agree with her, it was an amazing drink! I ordered the Cherry Soda Cocktail (or something like that?) It definitely tasted like a cherry soda and was served in a cute mason jar. 


I hope this restaurant does well and sticks around! It is definitely one I would return to. Perhaps brunch? 




No comments:

Post a Comment