Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Jalapeno's for dessert?!? Of course!!

I am one that LOVES anything spicy! I also love everything chocolate! I recently ate a candy bar that was jalapeno flavored chocolate and thought I had died and gone to heaven. I did a search looking for the brand online and couldn't find it, but came across some very interesting ideas for jalapenos. Chocolate covered jalapeno's?! Who knew!!!

I decided to try this out for myself but add a nice little twist. I also learned a few things along the way with how I will perfect this recipe for next time!

The ingredients:
- Jalapenos
- Semi Sweet Morsels
- Peanut Butter
- Peanut Butter Morsels
- Nutella (I didn't use, but will use next time!)


 
 1). Core out the Jalapenos, since if you leave the seeds, thry may be too hot!


 
 2). For the peanut butter filled version, stuff the jalapenos with peanut butter.

 
 3). Melt the semi-sweet morsels and dip the jalapenos into the chocolate to coat.
 4). Melt the peanut butter morsels and drip on top to decifer which jalapenos are filled with peanut  butter versus which are not. Unfortunately, not everyone is a peanut butter lover like me!

 
 5). Next, onto the chocolate filled and covered jalapenos. I learned a lesson with this version. I filled this version with melted semi sweet morsels. When the inside hardened, it became difficult to eat, especially for fragile teeth. Next time I make these, I am going to fill with Nutella, and just coat the outside with the semi-sweet morsels so it will be easier to eat for all.

 
 
 All in all, this was a delicious experiment! They were definitely spicy! As with any jalapenos, some will be spicier than others. I found the peanut butter ones to be less spicy overall because the peanut butter smoothed over the spicy flavor a little more. A definite party pleaser!

 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment