Friday, September 19, 2014

Spiralizer: Spiralize into healthy!

I just wanted to introduce everyone to an amazing kitchen tool that is very versatile! The spiralizer! I bought mine on Amazon for only $11.99 and it was so worth it. There are more expensive models available, but I don't think they are necessary. 

Spiral Slicer
You can spiralize any vegetable! You can spiralize as a decorative garnish or  make the vegetable into pasta.
My boyfriend and I decided to give it a whirl one night and make an Italian themed dinner with all vegetables without forgoing eating "pasta"! We spiralized zucchini and made it into a pasta! It was much softer than I expected after being spiralized. I was expecting it to be more of a crunchy texture.
We boiled the zucchini for only a minute, but it made it a little watery. Since the texture of the zucchini was already consistent with pasta, I plan to just heat it in a pan for a minute and then add the sauce for another minute to heat it all up. My friend who has made this several times has suggested that this is the better way!
Spiralized Zucchini 
For our parmesan dish, we decided to make Eggplant Parmesan. We grilled slices of eggplant on our indoor grill to get some charring marks and some heat flavor.
Grilled Eggplant
Instead of coating in bread crumbs, we just prepared with red sauce and mozzarella cheese before placing into the oven. We added some other spices on top as well to add flavor, such as minced garlic, basil, oregano, etc.
Preparing Eggplant Parmesan for Oven
When all was ready, we had a healthy Italian dinner made with vegetables and amazing taste!
Healthy Italian Feast! 

No comments:

Post a Comment