Saturday, January 10, 2015

Teavana's New Tea Bars : Loving their new cafe experience!

I received a coupon in the mail for a free lunch(Rice/Noodle Bowl or Buns) with purchase of a tea at Teavana. I was surprised to see this, since I didn't know that there was a Teavana in Manhattan, and I also didn't realize they served food. I always knew of Teavana as the tea shop at malls where you can try the tea and buy it, but could never actually buy meals and enjoy them in a cafe setting.  I was definitely excited to try this new Teavana concept out, since the menu items sounded so great!  
I learned as I set foot into the new Teavana on the Upper East Side that they have a new concept to their brand where they are opening up cafes where customers can enjoy breakfast, lunch, and dinner and also relax inside like they would at a Starbuck's or Panera Bread. What makes their menu unique is the Asian dishes that pair perfectly with tea. The dishes are fairly healthy as well, and definitely filling. I must give credit to where credit is due, and must say that Teavana's new concept is definitely working! 

Here is a sampling of the menu below: 



As soon as I entered the cafe, I was greeted by one of the employees immediately asking if I needed help. I loved that they were so willing to help and ready for any questions. I asked many questions about the new menu, and the woman helped me select the dish that she thought sounded perfect for me based on my taste. If I had wanted, I could have bought loose tea to enjoy later as well, which makes the experience a one stop shop, where you can buy tea, and also enjoy a meal! 
After placing my order, I was given a number to display at my table until my food and tea was ready. As I was sitting at my table waiting for my food, I looked around and noticed that every seat in the place was taken and that this new concept was really working for Teavana because people were already dining here, rather than just enjoying tea. After a few minutes, my food and tea were hand delivered to the table, which I thought was a nice touch to the cafe experience.

My Meal:
Mandarin Hoisin Pork 
Shredded pork, cabbage, pickled carrots, herbs in broth, and topped with mandarin-ginger hoisin sauce. 

My dish was perfectly flavored, and had heaping amounts of vegetables. I loved how the vegetables were fresh and crunchy and placed in the broth after the broth was heated, rather than the vegetables being cooked in the broth and served soggy. It was a very refreshing and healthy meal, and perfect for after the gym, which is where I was right before hand. I was definitely surprised by the quality of the meal at a chain cafe. I compare this to the food Starbuck's serves, and this is much better than that! 

The tea I ordered was perfect and also served in a real mug, versus a to-go cup, which I thought felt more personal. Normally small cafes like this you'd expect more of a to-go type of experience. 

I definitely plan to return for some of the other items on the menu, such as the salads or the buns! It is a perfect place to meet a friend for a quick bite and catch up, a quick after work meal, or enjoy a meal while studying! 

No comments:

Post a Comment