Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Luke's Lobster: Deliciously amazing!

I recently visited the Luke's Lobster (242 East 81st St.) on the UES, and was extremely happy with my experience. I had only had a lobster roll from the Luke's food truck before, and had always wanted to visit the actual place.

This place was exactly where I wanted to be on a Saturday night. It was casual, chill, and not too crowded. There was a line about 3 people deep when we arrived, but plenty of seating and very welcoming and clean. I felt like I was in Montauk being here because of the nautical, beachy vibe of the place.
Noah's Ark - Great deal!
I found it really unique that Luke's lobster roll had more than just lobster rolls. They offered Shrimp rolls, crab rolls, and of course lobster rolls. Since normally after eating one lobster roll, you are still slightly hungry and left wanting more, we decided to venture out of the box and order the Noah's Ark. This combo option is definitely the best bang for your buck and gives you great variety of flavors. It included 1 lobster roll, 1 crab roll, and 1 shrimp roll, all cut in half and served as 6 halves so it can easily be shared with a friend or a date (3 halves per person). Also, accompanying this platter, is 2 pickles, 2 bags of chips, and 2 sodas, unless you pay a little extra to change the sodas into beers.
I was pleasantly surprised how different each of the rolls tasted from one another. I can't say that I would order differently next time I go there, since I do want to relive each and every roll again.
The shrimp roll was nice and buttery with a touch of mayo on the bread to give it that slight touch of Maine feeling. It was a combination of Maine and Connecticut all in one roll so that it wasn't too much butter and not too much mayo. What a delight. I also loved the flavors this recipe gave the shrimp since I am only used to eating lobster in this way. It was such a surprising and welcome taste!
The crab roll was definitely different than any roll I have ever had. It had that fresh out of the crab leg taste, with the perfect mixture of  butter, spices, and a slight touch of mayo on the bun. You could really tell that this meat was fresh. MMM.. 
The lobster roll was as amazing as expected of course. It was super fresh, buttery, and chunky, just the way it should be! There were just the right amount of spices on it, with a dab of mayo on the bun. They definitely did not skimp on the lobster chunks. My mouth and stomach were very happy.
Half of the Noah's Ark - Portion for 1...perfect!
I will definitely be returning to Luke's lobster! It is definitely a casual, chill spot and one that I could consider frequenting on the regular.


No comments:

Post a Comment