Monday, September 26, 2011

Macaron Cafe, NYC - Not the Passover Treat

I recently celebrated a friend's birthday, and instead of the typical Baked by Melissa Cupcakes or Crumbs Cupcakes, our friend brought Macarons from the Macaron Cafe in the garment district to celebrate! These little bites of heaven were not only beautiful and luxurious in looks, but extremely scrumptious in taste.
This little cafe offers so many flavors to choose from of these little creations, that the sky is the limit as far as taste and color appeal you choose to select.




The Macarons were crunchy on the outside, but soft and moist on the inside. It was the perfect combination of textures in a bite to make it the most enjoyable little treat. Also, they didn't hit you over the head with the taste of sugar, like cupcakes do. They were packed with flavor, but in a more "natural" tasting way.  I must say, these treats sure do have my vote in the market of "mini treats" like those of Baked By Melissa.

Interestingly enough, my favorite flavor out of the ones my friend picked was Jasmin. When you think of Jasmin, you thing of fragrance and flowers, but this little treat had the perfect hint of flavor in it without it being too much. It did have the floral aroma and taste almost to the point where I questioned if that is what a flower tastes like. But it sure was good! I also would definitely suggest Raspberry!

I would choose these divine treats any day over the typical Macaroons I am used to being served during Passover. I don't think I can ever look at a regular Macaroon again!

No comments:

Post a Comment