Saturday, November 12, 2011

Vezzo - Who knew there was pizza this good in Murray Hill?

So after years of living in Murray Hill. Yes, I hate to admit it. I finally got to go to Vezzo. I had ordered a personal pie once for delivery from this place, but delivery thin crust pizza is never as fresh and piping hot as ordering it in the restaurant. I decided to go here one night with a friend to carbo-load before a 10k run that we were running the following day.

I must say, the ambiance of this place is amazing! It was extremely romantic because of the mood lighting, candles, and size. My friend and I sat at the bar because on a Friday night around 8 it's impossible to get a table! There was actually a line out the door! We ordered glasses of wine from the very friendly bartender. The wine selection was decent. There was at least one type of each wine available to order by the glass.

We decided we should start with a salad to add some vegetables to this carb-heavy dinner. We ordered the Greek Salad. Even though I hate olives, I was okay with ordering this salad and giving my friend all the olives, which her and I had discussed. Much to our surprise, the salad came out without olives anyhow. This was surprising because we didn't even discuss this with the bartender when we ordered our salad. I was happy about this mistake, but found it kind of odd that they left out one of the main ingredients in a greek salad. Oh well! The salad came out very colorful with tons of each type of vegetable and tons of feta cheese. They definitely did not go cheap in giving us our greens and left me with a very fresh feeling.
Greek Salad 

For our main course we ordered the large Shroomtown Pizza. The Shroomtown pizza included: Marinara sauce, cheese, portobello mushrooms, shitake mushrooms, button mushrooms, and white truffle oil. I particularly thought that this was an interesting and great choice because usually dishes with truffle oil in them are more of a buttery or creamy dish. I liked that the pizza also included marinara sauce in addition to truffle oil.

While waiting for your pizza, my friend and I noticed that everybody around us has ordered the same pizza that we had. Apparently, it was a popular choice! I believe that anything with truffle oil in it is worth ordering! So I approve of everyone's decision. 

Shroomtown Pizza 

The pizza arrived at our table covered in so many mushrooms that I couldn't do anything but smile! :) I love mushrooms! Also, the pizza was coated in the perfect amount of cheese, not too much, and not too little. I loved the marriage of flavor of the truffle oil and marinara sauce. They didn't go light on the truffle oil, which made me very happy. Every bite was just as good as the last. My friend and I finished every bite! 

I highly suggest going to Vezzo if you are in the Murray Hill area and are looking for a fun spot to catch up with a friend or a place to bring a date. Also, the prices on the menu won't break the bank. 

No comments:

Post a Comment