Saturday, March 10, 2012

Joy Burger: A Very Joyful Experience

After planning to go for burgers at Joy Burger (361 6th Ave, West Village) with one of my guy friends for months, we finally made the plunge! And I am so glad we did! He knew of my love for burgers, and suggested that this place was the perfect burger joint for me to sink my teeth into. Their slogan, "the sauces make the difference" was perfect for me because that is how I view eating and food. The toppings and the sauce always makes the meal for me. 

The fun part about this place is, it is certainly not a hole in wall, but it is no frills. You order at the counter and are given a playing card that serves as the claim ticket for your food. The board near the cashier has a listing of a million toppings you can add to your burger for FREE! The selection of sauces is also very decent considering it is FREE! They also have beer and wine, which is the perfect pairing with a burger. 

The Sauces make the difference 
Menu Board - Free Toppings! 

Our Claim Ticket for our Food, a playing card :)

Food here is pretty reasonable in price because only the premier specialty toppings are extra. Let's just say, I went crazy with toppings and sauces, like I ALWAYS do! I couldn't resist. Being here was like letting a kid play in a playground. My customized burger had lettuce, tomato, pickles, jalapeños, sautéed onions, pesto sauce, BBQ sauce, and Garlic Mayo on it! The pesto was definitely an interesting and welcome addition to my burger. I would have never thought to  put that on a burger, but it added a very rich flavor to the already delicious burger. In addition to the burgers, we ordered sides of onion rings and fries. They were also very exceptional! 

My Customized, Heavily Topped Burger - Lettuce, Tomato, Pickles, Jalapeños, Sauteed Onions, Pesto Sauce, BBQ Sauce, Garlic Mayo

A closer look at "Heaven"

I will definitely be returning again! It was clean, with fast service, and a nice atmosphere for a casual gathering with friends, or a low key date. And interestingly enough, it was the cleanest and best smelling bathroom I have been into in a while! They had mood lighting and scented candles in the bathroom :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment