Sunday, October 23, 2011

Uva: Yes, I went back again!

So sometimes good restaurants are hard to stay away from, and you have to frequent them more often than others! The ambiance of this place makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. It also helps that the waiters have italian accents that make it feel very authentically italian. Although, the night I went, I had 3 different servers in the matter of 4 hours because each of them had ending shifts. That made the night a little interesting.

This time around, I ordered off the regular menu rather than the meatball night menu. My date and I decided to try to appetizer on the daily special list. It was definitely worth a try! We ordered the tuna tartare that was topped with avocado and peppers. Let's just say, we both were so overly excited to eat the appetizer that I didn't have time to take a picture without a bite or two missing! 
Tuna Tartare with Avocado and peppers, very delicious!!!
This appetizer is not one to be missed! Yes, it wasn't hard to make, but it tasted very fresh and the blend of the avocado and fish made a very great blend of flavors in my mouth. It also helped to have the side of salad included in the plate, so I could have my veggies for the night! 

For dinner, I had a very hard time making a decision on what to order. There were so many entrees that sounded so delectable that I had to ask the waiter for his recommendation. I gave him the choice between a gnocchi that was on the menu, and a gnocchi that was on the specials list. He definitely steered me the right direction by suggesting to order the one that is regularly on the menu because of its rich truffle oil. However, I did want my entree to have some type of protein, since it was just gnocchi, so he was willing to add mushrooms to my dish. What a sensation of flavor the mushrooms added! 
Gnocchi di Ricotta




The gnocchi arrived at the table and looked so luscious and full of flavor! I couldn't wait to dive right in. The truffle oil flavor is one that is always a welcome addition to any dish for me because of its ambrosial quality. The dish was the perfect level of creamy, since I am not one to like thick creamy fettuccine alfredo sauce. Each bite just melted in my mouth, and every bite was better than the last. The mushrooms added a succulent texture to the already amazing flavor. 

My date ordered the Papperdelle al Ragu di Vitello, which I didn't think was as good as mine of course, but it definitely would be worth ordering, since I do love red sauce! Also, the soft texture of the wide, thin noodles was definitely a nice addition to this meal. I could tell the noodles were definitely freshly made at the restaurant. There were also touches of fresh pesto added to the dish for color and flavor. 
Papperdelle al Ragu di Vitello

For dessert we ordered the Salame del Papa. This dish was definitely named salame for a reason, (kind of phallic in a way) It was in the shape of a salame, and was sliced like a salame. On the other hand, it was chocolaty, creamy, and sweet.  The creamy chocolate coated pieces of delicious cake and was sprinkled in powdered sugar. Also, a side of cream accompanied the dish, and made each dip into it worth the sugar high. The waiter highly recommended this dish, and he was right! 

Salame del Papa - Yuuuuuummmm



No comments:

Post a Comment