Friday, February 24, 2012

Club A Steakhouse: My Return Visit!!!

I decided to visit Club A Steakhouse (240 East 58th St.) another time since the food was delicious in my first visit and the ambiance was 5 stars. This time around, I felt as though I was treated like a queen! The level of service my dining partner and I received was really amazing. We got sat at a huge booth seat that could fit 6 people at the table, and we had it all to ourselves. It was as though our booth was designed to have front row seats to the floor to ceiling windows that overlooked the beautiful scenic trees outside that were decorated with lights. It was a very pretty site. 

Our View

 
The awesome snake shaped wine pourer

We had wine, and it was served in this very unique snake shape pourer. Every time our waiter refilled our glasses, it was exciting to watch because it came out of a snake and he had to keep twisting it as it got emptier. I kind of wonder where they bought this pourer, because I kind of want one for a future wine and cheese party of my own! Very ingenious and creative design. 


Sizzling Canadian Bacon-Extra Thick by the Slice

To start, we had the Sizzling Canadian Bacon. This was served in a big thick slab. It was so good! I actually have never had bacon like this before, and am only used to having the kind that is served at brunch that is thin and crispy. This kind was juicy, full of flavor, and something that I had never tasted before! My dining partner happens to be slightly obsessed with bacon, and confirmed that this bacon was top notch! 

Prime Dry Aged Porterhouse Steak for Two (half of it was served already in this pic)

For our meal, we had the Porterhouse for Two and it was huge! We asked for it to be cooked Medium Rare, and it definitely was cooked to our request. The meat came out sizzling on the plate and was served to us. It was served to us before I could take a picture of the whole plate, so you can only see part of it, but it was massive. It was also accompanied by various dipping sauces which added excitement and experimentation to the meal. I am also the biggest lover of sauces! So that practically made the meal for me. But to be honest, the meat was seasoned so well and cooked just the way I like it, that the sauce wasn't even necessary, but definitely an asset. I definitely had to bring home leftovers of the  porterhouse because there was enough there for 4 people! 

Dipping Sauces that came with the Porterhouse

Mac and Cheese & Whipped Yukon Potato Puree

For sides, we ordered the Mac and Cheese and the Yukon Potato Puree. The mac and cheese was sooooooo good. It was extremely creamy and loaded with flavor. I also loved the touch of crispness on the top layer that added the extra texture to each bite.

The potato puree was buttery and delicious. I love butter, so this made me so happy! The potatoes were blended together into a very soft puree that was extremely delicate and packed with flavor.  

Homemade Tiramisu

For dessert we had two desserts to share. We had the tiramisu and the cream puffs. The tiramisu I preferred over the cream puffs because of the moistness of the cake and the delicious flavor of expresso. The cream puffs were also very good, but so creamy! They were definitely genuinely an italian delight, but I am more of a chocolate girl than a cream girl :) Luckily my dining partner ate more of the cream puffs, while I over indulged with the tiramisu. 

Homemade Cream Puffs
I highly suggest you visit Club A Steakhouse. I think the first time I went, it must have been an off night with the service. This time the service was quick, attentive, and the food even better than I remembered. All in all, it was an amazing, memorable experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment