Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Go Burger: You gotta GO there!

After a strenuous day of unpacking in my new apartment, I decided my Mom and I needed some heavy, delicious, and protein packed food! We wanted something low key that wasn't a hole in the wall. Go Burger answered our prayers! Located in the heart of the upper east side, (1448 2nd Ave between 75th and 76th Street), you couldn't ask for more of a delightful neighborhood burger joint. Since most of the famous burger spots are located downtown, this was a very exciting venture due to its convenience and focus on burgers, my favorite food! I had been to BLT Burger previousely, and to be honest wasn't that impressed. Since Go Burger and BLT Burger are part of the same restaurant group, I was looking forward to seeing if this less fancy version of that place could win over my taste buds! 

Vidalia Onion Rings

My mom and I ordered the onion rings to share since who can resist fries onions! These were definitely delicious, but perhaps they were a little too fried. I actually prefer my onion rings to be less coated in fry batter and to be made up more of a crunchy onion. The thinner the shell the better. So I'd have to rate these onion rings a 3 because the batter made them on the more dryer side. But to be honest, I'd probably order them again because of my love for onion rings! 

My Custom Built Burger: Black Angus Beef (6oz.), Parkerhouse bun, Maytag Blue Cheese, Balsamic Caramelized Onions, Madiera Mushrooms, Go Burger Special Sauce

I decided to build my burger since I am a "topping girl". I sometimes eat food so I can add sauce to it or put different various toppings on them. For instance, 16 Handles is heaven for me because of the toppings. Screw the ice cream, give me a bowl of toppings! 

I couldn't resist ordering my favorite things on my burger, caramelized onions, blue cheese, and mushrooms. All these topping definitely added quite the juicy and flavorful icing to my burger cake. The burger wasn't as bloody as I usually like it, but it was cooked mostly to my requested medium rare. I also loved that the burger was accompanied by sliced pickles as well as a pickle wedge, tomatoes, and my ultimate weakness, coleslaw! I could put coleslaw on any salad or sandwich. The coleslaw was made the way I like it, where it was not overly creamy, but on the more light side. Yummy!

I definitely will be coming back here again for another low key burger night. The inside of the place is nice and casual date worthy, or perfect for a friendly dinner. Although, I must say, that my heart still lies with Bareburger as my all time favorite burger! 

No comments:

Post a Comment