Thursday, February 23, 2012

Luzzo's - Amazing Coal Oven Pizza

After hearing so much about this place from my fellow foodie friend, who happens to be an Italian from Staten Island, I was excited to finally try Luzzo's out! I knew if he raved about it, that it must be great! I went here on a Sunday night at 9:30, and it was still crowded!

Luzzo's Menu

Because my dining partner and I, were not extremely hungry, we decided to go with a 12" pie, rather than the large 16" pie. Because of our mutual love for truffle oil, we decided to order the Tartufata, because it had tomato sauce, mozzarella, truffle pate, and basil. We originally were going to order a pie that had prosciutto, mushrooms, and truffle pate on it, but the waiter had advised us that it had no tomato sauce on it.  We were both so happy for the warning, because we both love tomato sauce!

While waiting for our pizza, we had gotten into talking to our fellow neighbors at the table next to us. They were old New Yorkers who had been living in the neighborhood since their college days. One of the men at the table assured us that Luzzo's is the best pizza in the neighborhood, and the only place he likes to go! Hearing this made us very excited for our pizza that was on its way to the table!

Tartufata Pizza

Our pizza arrived at the table with such an aroma of truffle oil that I wanted to dive right in. As usual, I was so excited to jump into eating this image of perfection, that my dining partner had to remind me to take a picture!

This pizza was soooo good! Words can't explain. There were actually a few moments of silence while eating between my dining partner and I, because we were so busy enjoying the flavor of the pizza. There was so much truffle oil on this pizza, that I was in heaven! Also, the pizza was cooked just perfectly. The dough was crispy and soft all at once! 

I definitely suggest checking out this pizza joint when you have a chance. Definitely not to be missed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment